H. Alan Scott (@HAlanScott) has cancer and can’t stop thinking about it. It’s like cancer is a house guest that won’t get the hint to leave. Enter Cancer (@wonderfulbryan). “Cancer House Guest” is a short written by and starring H. Alan Scott and Bryan Wilson, directed by Ned Ehrbar. Follow Scott’s #Chemocation on Twitter. http://halanscott.com
Hillary Clinton helped me get through chemotherapy (read about it here http://bit.ly/hashill). The news of her hospitalization hit me hard! This “Get Will Soon” video is to show her why I, I mean, WE need her!
Before 2012 I never related to George Bailey’s epic fall before his emotional salvation in that movie. I just thought, so many bells, so many angels, yay. Heart = Warmed. It’s a great movie. But I’ll tell ya what — there’s a shit-ton of emotional availability in that movie that I never noticed before. Know why? Because this year is the first year I’ve watched it after getting cancer.
I basically wrote this piece on #HillaryClinton (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-alan-scott/hillary-clinton-chemo_b_2341485.html) so that I could see a page like this! #dying!!!
Mind Dump - December 5th, 2012
When people comment on my bald head, assuming that I’ve shaved it, I correct them. As soon as they hear the word “chemo” they have an incredible “deer caught in headlights” moment. It’s a similar look to when a kid is told that instead of a tooth fairy, it’s really just your Dad sneaking into your room in the middle of the night. I, personally, was very glad when I learned that my Dad was actually the tooth fairy. For years I thought the tooth fairy was a middle aged hairy man who wore ill fitting white briefs.
MIND DUMP - December 5th, 2012
- The last Chinese President’s wife had a guy killed while the new one covered up his son’s death. Prime examples of leaders with strong family family values!
- Reagan and Obama would agree on raising taxes for the richest Americans, this guys shows us how (though he really should change his shirt if anybody is to take him seriously).
- Brad Pitt on the New York Times, “All the news that’s fit to… fit to…. why am I here?”
- Fox News is scaling back Karl Rove’s air time. I would love to see what he’s stress eating.
- Senate Democrats love Bob Dole and his pen, while most Republicans think he’s a gimp and was not afraid to say it to his face.
- Netflix is going to stream Disney movies. Finally, I don’t have to feel ashamed of buying the DVD’s in person!
- Oh, and before you Instagram that sandwich you’re eating, watch this…
One of the better things about having cancer is that everyone returns your call. #JustInCase